VI Debugging

Scott

When I try to debug ASP pages using Visual InterDev 6 I
get the following Microsoft Development Environment dialog
box that asks:

"Unable to set server into correct debugging state
automatically. You may not be able to debug ASP pages.
Do you want to continue launching the debugger?"

The prompts you have are Yes, No, and Help. If you click
Yes it launches IE, but the ASP page doesn't break on the
breakpoints I have set. Is there a setting that I need to
modify somewhere? I'm using PWS in conjunction with VI to
debug, before I push the ASP page out to our Intranet.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Scott said:
When I try to debug ASP pages using Visual InterDev 6 I
get the following Microsoft Development Environment dialog
box that asks:

"Unable to set server into correct debugging state
automatically. You may not be able to debug ASP pages.
Do you want to continue launching the debugger?"

The prompts you have are Yes, No, and Help. If you click
Yes it launches IE, but the ASP page doesn't break on the
breakpoints I have set. Is there a setting that I need to
modify somewhere? I'm using PWS in conjunction with VI to
debug, before I push the ASP page out to our Intranet.

Start here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244272