Virtual Directory; ASP.NET 2.0; Development Server

ewild

Hey all,
Is there anyway to create a virtual directory in the new
Development Server?
I have a image folder with about 2 gigs of images. I would
like to store this elsewhere on my filesystem, rather then under the
application because it cause problems.
1) VSS wants to put them under source control.
2) I want these file avalible to multiple projects, and moving
them around and updating them everywhere is a pain.

If this can't be done, should I switch project to use IIS?
Is there any new considerations with ASP.NET 2.0 and using IIS
that are different from 1.1. IE:Gotchas with the 2.0 and IIS debuging?

Thanks

Eric