Vista + IIS 7 + Webapps not starting - blank screen

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jurjen de Groot, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. I've got VS2005 running on Vista.
    In my WebApp I have configured it to run using IIS and have let VS2005
    create the virtual directory
    I have installed II6 Management compatibility software as per instruction
    found on Scott Gu's blog.
    I'm starting VS2005 as 'Administrator'
    When pressing F5, an empty page is shown (URL is correct though), also tried
    setting a breakpoint in PageLoad but it doesn't seem to get there...
    Even a new WebApp with no code, just a few controls on the page results in
    the following HTML:

    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
    charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY>
    <META content=FUGCLQURCL name=SKYPE_FRAMEID></HTML>

    Any ideas / pointers as to how to solve this ?

    TIA,
    Jurjen
    Jurjen de Groot, Nov 7, 2007

  2. It seems that after creating the virtual directory from VS-2005 you have to
    enable 'Windows Authentication' (and possibly Forms Auth) on the Virtual
    Directory in IIS manager.

    Jurjen de Groot, Nov 8, 2007