Visual InterDev Question

Dave

I know that MS no longer supports Visual InterDev but I was hoping someone
here might be able to answer my question.

I have a live ASP 3.0 web site. I open VID and specify new project, point it
to the live web site and create a new project. Under Visual InterDev in My
Documents a new project folder is created on my local drive. The product
folder is named the same name as the web site, say MyWeb. The first
subfolder under MyWeb is MyWeb_local which contains the empty folder
structure for the live web.

My question is why is the MyWeb_local folder structure empty? How do I get
a local copy of all the files on the live web site?

I suppose I could publish from the live site to the web server on my local
box but then I would have two separate MyWeb projects and things could get
confusing.

What was the concept in Visual InterDev on maintaining dev (local) and
production (live) files?

Thanks for any insights,
Dave

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

HI Dave,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup. Regarding on the visual interdev , I'm not
very familiar on its detailed working model. Also , since it is no longer
supported, I'd suggest you migrating your asp application into ASP.NET
projects. And currently the VS.NET 2003 IDE( asp.net project) still support
ASP page developing and debugging. So you can try utilizing the asp.net
project structure.
Thanks for your understanding.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support