Visual InterDev Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Dave, Oct 22, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I know that MS no longer supports Visual InterDev but I was hoping someone
    here might be able to answer my question.

    I have a live ASP 3.0 web site. I open VID and specify new project, point it
    to the live web site and create a new project. Under Visual InterDev in My
    Documents a new project folder is created on my local drive. The product
    folder is named the same name as the web site, say MyWeb. The first
    subfolder under MyWeb is MyWeb_local which contains the empty folder
    structure for the live web.

    My question is why is the MyWeb_local folder structure empty? How do I get
    a local copy of all the files on the live web site?

    I suppose I could publish from the live site to the web server on my local
    box but then I would have two separate MyWeb projects and things could get
    confusing.

    What was the concept in Visual InterDev on maintaining dev (local) and
    production (live) files?

    Thanks for any insights,
    Dave

    Dave, Oct 22, 2005

  2. HI Dave,

    Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup. Regarding on the visual interdev , I'm not
    very familiar on its detailed working model. Also , since it is no longer
    supported, I'd suggest you migrating your asp application into ASP.NET
    projects. And currently the VS.NET 2003 IDE( asp.net project) still support
    ASP page developing and debugging. So you can try utilizing the asp.net
    project structure.
    Thanks for your understanding.

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support