any users of visual interdev

diablo

hi i use visual interdev as my dev tool

now in this i have created a virtual directory called TEST and so when i am
working locally on my pc my website is at localhost/TEST

but my live website is at the root which means when in my page i have
something like

<!--#include virtual="test/incs/links.asp" -->

i have to change it to

<!--#include virtual="incs/links.asp" -->

to get it to work on my live site -

has anybody resolved this issue with interdev? am i missing something?

I think if i were to ue the root webserver on my pc the links would be
right. but i don't know how to do this. i have gone into admin iis tools and
changed wwwroot to point to the TEST directory but then interdev wont open
the files anymore.

Any help appreciated

Diablo

diablo

ok i have kind of resolved this - or rather got a work around for it.

if i create a folder on my live site called TEST ( or the same name of my
virtiual folder on my local pc) then i can use

<!-- #include virtual="test/inc/links.asp" -->

in any place and it will always get the file.

and i can use

and it will link from any place.

just a bummer that i have to have my site within a folder