any users of visual interdev

Discussion in 'HTML' started by diablo, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. diablo

    diablo Guest

    hi i use visual interdev as my dev tool

    now in this i have created a virtual directory called TEST and so when i am
    working locally on my pc my website is at localhost/TEST

    but my live website is at the root which means when in my page i have
    something like

    <!--#include virtual="test/incs/links.asp" -->

    i have to change it to

    <!--#include virtual="incs/links.asp" -->

    to get it to work on my live site -

    has anybody resolved this issue with interdev? am i missing something?

    I think if i were to ue the root webserver on my pc the links would be
    right. but i don't know how to do this. i have gone into admin iis tools and
    changed wwwroot to point to the TEST directory but then interdev wont open
    the files anymore.

    Any help appreciated

    Diablo
    diablo, Jun 25, 2005

  2. diablo

    diablo Guest

    ok i have kind of resolved this - or rather got a work around for it.

    if i create a folder on my live site called TEST ( or the same name of my
    virtiual folder on my local pc) then i can use

    <!-- #include virtual="test/inc/links.asp" -->

    in any place and it will always get the file.

    and i can use

    and it will link from any place.

    just a bummer that i have to have my site within a folder

    diablo, Jun 25, 2005