    feet away.It just won't work suddently from my desktop machine.I can't seem
    to figure out what is going on here.Any thoughts on how I can find where the
    problem lies?Thanks in advance!Steve
    Steve, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Steve

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I
    > cannot connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6).
    > My colleagues can using the same login information. I can even do it
    > from my laptop a few feet away.It just won't work suddently from my
    > desktop machine.I can't seem to figure out what is going on here.Any
    > thoughts on how I can find where the problem lies?Thanks in
    > advance!Steve

    Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?PR=vid

    There are several Visual Interdev groups where this question would have
    gotten more focussed attention: microsoft.public.vi.*

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Unfortunately, those newsgroups seem to be only filled with spam.
    Thanks though.
    Steve

    Steve, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Steve

    Chris Barber Guest

    Can you browse to it in IE?
    Has the FrontPage Server Extensions been removed / re-installed?
    Have you checked the security settings of the web application / web site?
    What do you see in the IIS logs?

    Check those out and then come back with the info.

    Chris.

    Chris Barber, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi Chris,

    Yes, I can browse to it in IE.

    I tried reinstalling the FP extensions, but that didn't seem to help.
    The security settings are fine. Remember that I can access it using
    different PCs, just not mine (using the same login information).

    Would I see an attempt to open a project via VID in the IIS logs?

    Thanks so much for your efforts!

    Steve

    Steve, Nov 13, 2003
  6. Steve

    Chris Barber Guest

    You'll see any attempt to receive / request files within IIS in the logs.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...r2003/proddocs/deployguide/iisdg_sec_szmp.asp

    I'll come back with more later - got a deadline up in about 1 hour so typing
    furiously <grin>

    Chris.

    Chris Barber, Nov 13, 2003