Visual Interdev question. Help Please!

Steve

Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I cannot
connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6). My colleagues
can using the same login information. I can even do it from my laptop a few
feet away.It just won't work suddently from my desktop machine.I can't seem
to figure out what is going on here.Any thoughts on how I can find where the
problem lies?Thanks in advance!Steve

Bob Barrows

Steve said:
Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I
cannot connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6).
My colleagues can using the same login information. I can even do it
from my laptop a few feet away.It just won't work suddently from my
desktop machine.I can't seem to figure out what is going on here.Any
thoughts on how I can find where the problem lies?Thanks in
advance!Steve

Start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?PR=vid

There are several Visual Interdev groups where this question would have
gotten more focussed attention: microsoft.public.vi.*

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Steve

Unfortunately, those newsgroups seem to be only filled with spam.
Thanks though.
Steve

Chris Barber

Can you browse to it in IE?
Has the FrontPage Server Extensions been removed / re-installed?
Have you checked the security settings of the web application / web site?
What do you see in the IIS logs?

Check those out and then come back with the info.

Chris.

Hello,I hope someone body in this forum can be of help.Suddenly, I cannot
connect from my PC to our web server via Visual Interdev (v6). My colleagues
can using the same login information. I can even do it from my laptop a few
feet away.It just won't work suddently from my desktop machine.I can't seem
to figure out what is going on here.Any thoughts on how I can find where the
problem lies?Thanks in advance!Steve

Steve

Hi Chris,

Yes, I can browse to it in IE.

I tried reinstalling the FP extensions, but that didn't seem to help.
The security settings are fine. Remember that I can access it using
different PCs, just not mine (using the same login information).

Would I see an attempt to open a project via VID in the IIS logs?

Thanks so much for your efforts!

Steve

Chris Barber

You'll see any attempt to receive / request files within IIS in the logs.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...r2003/proddocs/deployguide/iisdg_sec_szmp.asp

I'll come back with more later - got a deadline up in about 1 hour so typing
furiously <grin>

Chris.