Visual Studio 2003 Gremlins

bizsolutiondev

Hi all,

I am using Visual Studio 2003 to develop a C# ASP.NET application.
With one Web Form in particular, when I am editing the C# code-behind
class, several things happen:

* The intellisense seems to "disable" itself; all of the color-coded
formatting of language specific keywords turns gray

* I lose the ability to Undo. Sometimes I get a message box saying
that the Undo/Redo function is unable to complete the request (I can't
get the error message to recur at the moment).

* I cannot for the life of me figure out how to stop Visual Studio from
modifying my HTML page. I just don't want it to change my page. I
tried nearly everything in the Tools -> Options that I could think of.
Every time I reopen my HTML page for this Web Form, Visual Studio makes
a bunch of modifications. It's like having a gremlin tamper with your
work when you least want it!

Intellisense is nice, but certainly not critical. The failure of the
Undo, though is fairly crippling and certainly so is the unwanted
modification of my code.

It seems like Microsoft has not released a Service Pack for VS2003 --
nothing comes up in my searches. What to do next...?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards