Visual Studio 2005 Designer won't display controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Frazell Thomas, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. I've got an odd one. I'm getting the error:

    Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    on nearly every control on my page.
    It seems to happen every time i invoke a <%$ %> tag,
    So,
    text="<%$ Resources: Resource, Home %>"
    or
    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:EStoreConnectionString %>"

    Just started happening in the middle of the day. Far as i know, i haven't
    installed any plugins, or anything for the matter between it working and not
    working.

    I've tried repairing Visual Studio, i've tried uninstalling VS and
    re-installing.

    Its a vista machine, so i can't uninstall .NET Framework 2.0 because its
    built in.

    Any ideas?

    This only occurs in Design View and doesn't occur on excution or show any
    errors in Markup View.

    I'm using VS 2005 SP1 with the Vista SP1 update.

    Thanks for your time,
    Frazell Thomas
    Frazell Thomas, Aug 1, 2007