Visual Studio 2010 puts 4.0 classes into 3.5 ASP.NET project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by IreneT, Jun 21, 2010.

  1. IreneT

    IreneT Guest

    Hi,

    I have existing ASP.NET 3.5 project I migrated to Visual Studio 2010. I
    didn't migrate it to .NET 4.0. Every time I try to edit .aspx page, it
    alters the .designer.cs class to point to
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.UpdatePanel class instead of
    System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel class and then the build of course produces an
    error. The project properties says ".NET3.5".

    Also the "design" tab produces just one box saying "unknown server tag
    asp:UpdatePanel". It seems like it is looking at .NET4.0 to generate the
    design view, not 3.5.

    Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Irene
    IreneT, Jun 21, 2010