Visual Studio .NET and ASP.NET 1.1 Problems

Brian Shade

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to developing with APS.NET and I have run into a big
roadblock. I am trying to open up a solution file for Visual Studio
..NET 2003. Every time I try to open it I get the following error
message:

Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications or services.

I have already ran the aspnet_regiis utility in a regular command
prompt and the VS command prompt. I have also uninstalled and
reinstalled VS, but that still has not corrected anything. I am
running Windows 2000 server and I have both .NET frameworks installed.
However, when I check IIS, it is set to use v1.1.xxxx and not the
v1.0.xxxx. I have no idea what else to do. Any help at all, would be
greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

EO

Turn off virus protection and any firewall software.
If this doesn't solve the problem, try turning of virus protection &
firewall software before re-installing the framework one last time, then
keep both off as you reload the project. You can then selectively re-load
the virus/firewall services until you find the culprit.

-Ernest Ostrander

Chris Moore

Out of curiosity, have you tried calling:
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet_regiis -u

to uninstall v1.0 before installing 1.1 with:
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i?

This probably won't have any affect but it might be worth a shot if you've
tried other things. Also, are you running VS and IIS on the same box?
Could be a firewall issue maybe?

Good Luck,
Chris