Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Pat Lester, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Pat Lester

    Pat Lester Guest

    First of all......my environment is WinXP, IIS5.1, ASP.NET 1.1, Visual
    Studio 2003

    Ok. I know that I've messed something up but can't seem to put my finger on
    it. I recently set up my IIS so that the default web site ends up pulling
    the web site from a specified directory. Again, this is in the "Default Web
    Site" configuration. Before I did this, I was able to open web projects at
    will. Now, I cannot open any web project. I get the error....

    "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
    running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
    applications or services."

    Windows projects open fine.

    I have looked through the groups and have tried registering dll's, tried
    aspnet_regiis with various arguments, have tried the suggested Get_aspx_ver
    fix on microsoft.com, and nothing has worked yet.

    One thing I thought might be suspect, when I look at the properties of
    "Default Web Site" (also, I renamed "Default Web Site", don't know if that
    might affect things but....)
    there are no ISAPI Filters in the list.

    Also, I can access the web site if I type in the full address, but if I type
    "//localhost", that does not work anymore either.

    If anybody has had the same problem, or any suggestions, PLEASE let me know.
    I will continue working on it and post my results if I ever solve the
    problem!

    P.S. If im posting to the wrong newsgroup, just let me know. Thanks!

    Pat Lester, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Pat Lester

    Pat Lester Guest

    This is horrible, simple change and everything is working now!!

    In Default Web Site configuration, I had the IP Address set to my current IP
    address. I changed this setting to "<All Unassigned>" and it has fixed the
    problem. I have no clue how, but it did.

    If anyone knows why this is the case, and has time, I'm always game for some
    knowledge!

    Pat Lester, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Pat Lester

    Random Guest

    I'm having the same problem you did, it sounds like. Unfortunately, my
    Default Web Site is already set to IP <All Unassigned>, so I'm still stuck.

    Random, Mar 5, 2004