    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    --
    Flanman
    Flanman, Jun 25, 2008

  2. Flanman,

    Here's a few possibilities :

    1. do you have a file named "WebDev.WebServer.EXE" in this directory :
    drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 ?

    2. Is your firewall blocking WebDev.WebServer.EXE

    3. Go to the "Website" menu in VWD, choose "Start options",
    uncheck "NTLM Authentication" and make sure "Use default web server" is checked.

    4. Are you running a 64-bit processor ? If so, check out this KB :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920719

    5. Is IE your default browser?
    Check Internet Explorer, Tools | Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings,
    and check "bypass proxy server for local addresses" if you are using a proxy server.

    6. Could you possibly have a beta version of the Framework or VS still installed ?

    Check those possibilities...and post back what went down.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    Juan T. Llibre, Jun 26, 2008