Visual Web Developer 2008 express edition

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Anthony, May 15, 2009.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Hi,

    I don't know if I am posting in the right place but here we go.

    I am following a tutorial about asp.net and they have told me to download
    Visual Web Developer and then talked me through setting up a basic hello
    world web page.

    My problem is when I try to display the page by pressing F5 it never works I
    just get a page cannot be found message, when I look at the url it is trying
    to display it contains a port number as well. If I manaully enter the URL I
    can display the page but I do not see this as a solution and in the long run
    as I move through the tutorial I can imagine this becoming a major problem.

    What am I doing wrong?

    The tutorial address is:

    http://asp.net-tutorials.com/basics/introduction/

    Thanks,

    Anthony
    Anthony, May 15, 2009

  2. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Right I now know what the problem is but I cannot seem to sort it out when I
    open the site as 127.0.0.1 it works but if I try localhost it fails as does
    the computer name.

    My pc is a Vista pc if this gives any clues.

    Thanks,

    Anthony

    Anthony, May 18, 2009