VMware and pywin32 error...

Discussion in 'Python' started by dash, Mar 13, 2009.

  1. dash

    dash Guest

    Hallo,

    has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
    Pro running in a VMware environment?

    At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
    File "<string>", line 311, in install
    File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
    ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
    application may fix this problem.

    I use following versions:

    VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
    added SP1 and than SP3
    Python 2.6.1
    pywin32 213

    Thank you in advance for any help
    Werner
    dash, Mar 13, 2009

  2. dot wrote:
    > has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
    > Pro running in a VMware environment?
    >
    > At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
    > File "<string>", line 311, in install
    > File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    > because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
    > application may fix this problem.
    >
    > I use following versions:
    >
    > VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
    > Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
    > added SP1 and than SP3
    > Python 2.6.1
    > pywin32 213

    I've installed and run Python and pywin32 in a VMWare environment and have
    had no trouble. This is not an issue with VMWare. Something is
    misconfigured in your XP and/or Python install. I'm assuming you installed
    Python before installing pywin32?

    Joshua Kugler, Mar 13, 2009

  3. dash

    dash Guest

    Joshua Kugler schrieb:
    > dot wrote:
    >> has anyone experience with installing Python and pywin32 to Windows XP
    >> Pro running in a VMware environment?
    >>
    >> At the end of installing pywin32 I get following error:

    >> Traceback (most recent call last):
    >> File "<string>", line 601, in <module>
    >> File "<string>", line 311, in install
    >> File "<string>", line 149, in LoadSystemModule
    >> ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
    >> because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the
    >> application may fix this problem.
    >>
    >> I use following versions:
    >>
    >> VMware Workstation 6.5.0 build-118166
    >> Microsoft Windows XP Professional English Build 2600
    >> added SP1 and than SP3
    >> Python 2.6.1
    >> pywin32 213

    > I've installed and run Python and pywin32 in a VMWare environment and have
    > had no trouble. This is not an issue with VMWare. Something is
    > misconfigured in your XP and/or Python install. I'm assuming you installed
    > Python before installing pywin32?

    Yes. Of course. Python 2.6.1 installs with no problem.

    BTW: I get the same result, if I use Microsoft VirtualPC 2007 instead of
    VMware...

    Werner
    dash, Mar 16, 2009
  4. dash