Windows debugging symbols for python 2.5.4 and pywin32 214

Alexandre Fayolle

Hi everyone,

I have a production server running a Windows Service written in Python, which
uses python 2.5.4 (yes I know it is old, but I am somewhat stuck with this for
now) and pywin32 214.

Given a set of manipulations, I get a stack overflow in the service, and a bad
crash. The same operation when running without
win32serviceutil.ServiceFramework does not trigger the bug. I'm looking for
some debugging tools (debug build of the interpreter and the pywin32
libraries) that some good soul could have kept from a previous debugging
session to try to get a C stack trace and understand what causes this.

Any hint towards what could cause that stack overflow would be welcome too.
The application is multithreaded (and uses pyro and twisted). I can provide
more information for the curious.

Many thanks.