    authentication - how do I set this up on the vs2005 webserver thingy?!

    Cheers

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Hi Dan,

    From the error message, this seems a domain trust issue, is your webserver
    hosting the asp.net web application in the domain other than the domain
    you're going to access and retrieve info from? If so, are the two domain
    establishing trust relation between each other? When accessing cross
    domain's info such as performing windows authentication cross domain ,
    there need trust relation between two domains .... You can try checking
    this to see whether it is the case...

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 13, 2006

  3. Hi Steven

    Thanks for the reply....

    I've actually got round this problem now by using managing to get UNC based
    development working, so I don't need to do this now.

    However, I'm only using one domain - the one that AD is set up with on my
    Win2k3 server, one of the reasons I couldn't understand why I was getting the
    error. Can you shed any light on why this didn't work? Be useful to know for
    future reference :)

    Cheers

    Dan

    =?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=, Jan 13, 2006
  4. It's hard to say Dan,

    Can you reproduce behavior through some other security permission related
    operations? e.g impersonate the client user and access some certain
    resources on server which is granted access to only specific domain users?

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------
    | From: "=?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=" <>
    | Subject: RE: vs2005: domain trust relationship problem
    | Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 02:56:03 -0800
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | Hi Steven
    |
    | Thanks for the reply....
    |
    | I've actually got round this problem now by using managing to get UNC
    based
    | development working, so I don't need to do this now.
    |
    | However, I'm only using one domain - the one that AD is set up with on my
    | Win2k3 server, one of the reasons I couldn't understand why I was getting
    the
    | error. Can you shed any light on why this didn't work? Be useful to know
    for
    | future reference :)
    |
    | Cheers
    |

    | Dan
    |
    | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Dan,
    | >
    | > From the error message, this seems a domain trust issue, is your
    webserver
    | > hosting the asp.net web application in the domain other than the domain

    | > you're going to access and retrieve info from? If so, are the two
    domain
    | > establishing trust relation between each other? When accessing cross
    | > domain's info such as performing windows authentication cross domain ,
    | > there need trust relation between two domains .... You can try checking
    | > this to see whether it is the case...
    | >
    | > Regards,
    | >
    | > Steven Cheng
    | > Microsoft Online Support

    | > rights.)
    | >

    | > --------------------
    | > | From: "=?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=" <>
    | > | Subject: vs2005: domain trust relationship problem
    | > | Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:10:02 -0800
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > | vs2005 machine (built in webserver), trying to connect to my win2k3
    | > server
    | > | active directory.
    | > |
    | > | the error is...
    | > |
    | > | System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this
    workstation
    | > and
    | > | the primary domain failed.
    | > |
    | > | How can I fix this? Also, my app is supposed to use integrated
    windows
    | > | authentication - how do I set this up on the vs2005 webserver thingy?!
    | > |
    | > | Cheers
    | > |
    | > |