VWD 2008 express and Visual Studio 2008

Chen

I am new forASP.NET
Is the VWD 2008 express better than Visual Studio 2008 to deveop an ASP
Application?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Is the VWD 2008 express better than Visual Studio 2008 to deveop an ASP

For developing web applications, Visual Studio uses VWD as its IDE.
It's the exact same VWD as VWD Express.

Visual Studio adds quite a few more features than VWD uses.

Juan T. Llibre
===========

Chen

Thanks
But I could not find and add Layout Menu in VS2008.
I need set Absolute position for each control.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I need set Absolute position for each control.

The default allows you to do that.

Just set :

<BODY ms_positioning="GridLayout">

re:
!> But I could not find and add Layout Menu in VS2008.

Go to "Tools", "Options", "HTML Designer", "CSS Styling",
and change positioning to absolute.

Also, see :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa293052(VS.71).aspx

<quote>
The default value of the pageLayout property is "GridLayout" for new HTML pages
and Web forms created within Visual Basic .NET or Visual C# Web Applications.

Setting the pageLayout property to "GridLayout" in Visual Studio .NET
inserts an ms_positioning attribute into the <BODY> element of an HTML document
</quote>

Juan T. Llibre
===========

Chen

Thanks, After read your post, I am able to set the absolute position at
project level.
But I think the VS 2008 or VS 2005 Web/ASP.NET IDE is not exectly the same as
VWD 2008 /VWD 2005.
I use VS 2008 and VS 2005 and follow the ASP AJAX Vidios in ASP.NET.
The IDEs are different from the vedio.
Another exemple is the Ajax update panel, I cannot put controls in the panel
in design mode. I can only insert code in source tab for VS2008. I install
the ASP.NET 2.0 and add reference in VS 2005, but the the Ajax extentions
controls still not show in VS2005.
So I thought VWDs were better than VS in Doing ASP.NET