Wall St. lead java developer

Discussion in 'Java' started by WallStJobsNyc, Dec 17, 2010.

  1. This is a compliance reporting system. We process 40,000,000 messages
    per day. Our database is 12 terabytes.

    Prerequisites:
    java
    Hibernate
    Oracle PL/SQL
    Oracle 11g
    FIX
    B.S Computer Science or better.
    Course work in algorithms, data structures, operating systems
    Deep, relevant experience.

    Your level of technical knowledge must be superior to to the very high
    level of the people that you will supervise.

    You must know what you are talking about, and you must be able to
    convince your manager and your co-workers that your ideas are
    technically sound and will improve the system.

    This is an investment bank. High professionalism is expected.

    It is also a hacker culture. If you are curious about how things work
    internally, you will find the environment stimulating.

    You will set coding standards, and lead by example.

    You will design and document the architecture, including the class
    hierarchy. You will select the best API libraries and tools to use.

    The Executive Director here is hands on. He reviews, and sometimes
    rewrites, code; and reviews all Perforce check-ins, and makes
    specific, technical comments and suggestions on them.

    This is a hands on, lead developer role, not management, at least not
    the first year or two.

    Title is Vice President.

    Resumes to

    WallStJobsNyc, Dec 17, 2010

  2. WallStJobsNyc

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 12/16/2010 10:55 PM, WallStJobsNyc wrote:
    > [...]
    > This is an investment bank. High professionalism is expected.

    "Ri-i-i-g-h-t."

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid

    Eric Sosman, Dec 17, 2010

  3. "Eric Sosman" <> wrote in message
    > On 12/16/2010 10:55 PM, WallStJobsNyc wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> This is an investment bank. High professionalism is expected.

    > "Ri-i-i-g-h-t."

    That is, don't go there and write the "Office Space" program that deposits
    rounded-off fractional cents into your own account, because there's nothing
    financial types disrespect more than *petty* theft.

    Mike Schilling, Dec 17, 2010