Want password hack for Matt's old calendar script

Butch

I am using Matt Kruse's old calendar script [no version number in the
comments] and want to have multiple user/password capability to allow
more than one person to administer it without sharing the
username/passwords. Has any one already written this hack and would
be willing to share it?

Thanks,
Butch

Trent Curry

Butch said:
I am using Matt Kruse's old calendar script [no version number in the
comments] and want to have multiple user/password capability to allow
more than one person to administer it without sharing the
username/passwords. Has any one already written this hack and would
be willing to share it?

Thanks,
Butch

Well for starters using any of Matt's scripts as been long deemed flawed
in anything reguarding security. If you want to modify the script, I'd
suggest usign a data base and doing lookups. Mysql works well, as a
quick and free solution.

Some moduels to handle Mysql lookups:

Mysql.pm
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Mysql'
http://search.cpan.org/author/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9003/lib/Mysql.pm

DBD::mysql.pm
perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::mysql'
http://search.cpan.org/~rudy/DBD-mysql-2.9003/lib/DBD/mysql.pm

Just create your tables, then right a query to see if the user exists
and if the password (I'd recommends a crypt'ed or a md5-hex'ed password)
matches.

MD5.pm
perl -MCPAN -e 'install MD5'
http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/MD5-2.03/MD5.pm

--
Trent Curry

perl -e
'($s=qq/e29716770256864702379602c6275605/)=~s!([0-9a-f]{2})!pack("h2",$1
)!eg;print(reverse("$s")."\n");'

Uri Guttman

T> Butch said:
I am using Matt Kruse's old calendar script [no version number in the
comments] and want to have multiple user/password capability to allow
more than one person to administer it without sharing the
username/passwords. Has any one already written this hack and would
be willing to share it?

T> Well for starters using any of Matt's scripts as been long deemed flawed
T> in anything reguarding security. If you want to modify the script, I'd
T> suggest usign a data base and doing lookups. Mysql works well, as a
T> quick and free solution.

different matt. this is kruse and the bad kiddie scripter is write.

and to the OP, fix it on line 17.

uri

Trent Curry

Uri said:
Butch said:
I am using Matt Kruse's old calendar script [no version number
in the >> comments] and want to have multiple user/password
capability to allow >> more than one person to administer it
without sharing the >> username/passwords. Has any one already
written this hack and would >> be willing to share it?

Well for starters using any of Matt's scripts as been long deemed
flawed in anything reguarding security. If you want to modify the
script, I'd suggest usign a data base and doing lookups. Mysql works
well, as a quick and free solution.

different matt. this is kruse and the bad kiddie scripter is write.

and to the OP, fix it on line 17.

Thanks for clearing that up Uri.

--
Trent Curry

perl -e
'($s=qq/e29716770256864702379602c6275605/)=~s!([0-9a-f]{2})!pack("h2",$1
)!eg;print(reverse("$s")."\n");'

Uri Guttman

wright. should at least spell his name correctly when dissing him.

T> Thanks for clearing that up Uri.

not that the calendar script the OP is using is any better. i would
wager many quatloos that it is of the same crap quality of wright's
scripts. it sounds like it is free and unsupported and of use only to
kiddies who don't know perl.

if you want a decent perl based web calendar, then check out
webevent.com. there are others out there too.

uri

Trent Curry

Uri said:
write.

wright. should at least spell his name correctly when dissing him.

not that the calendar script the OP is using is any better. i would
wager many quatloos that it is of the same crap quality of wright's
scripts. it sounds like it is free and unsupported and of use only to
kiddies who don't know perl.

Bawaa, how many script kiddies named Matt that freely destribute bad
scripts are there... jeepers.
if you want a decent perl based web calendar, then check out
webevent.com. there are others out there too.

I've seen that one in action, very nice. Good call.