WANTED: Embedded C++ developers

4

4csjobs

Need embedded software developers with C++, vxworks and OO design and
development experience. Please email resumes to (e-mail address removed)

Phlip

4csjobs said:
Need embedded software developers with C++, vxworks and OO design and
development experience. Please email resumes to (e-mail address removed)

What if you have design experience but no development experience?

OS

That "profile" would exactly match :)

I currently working (about 4 years) as C++ developer under VxWorks, and yes
its my daily bussines to do OO designs :)

But:
please put me a note on what you are really looking for?
Its a Job?
Its a question?

regards

Oliver

Christopher Benson-Manica

4csjobs said:
Need embedded software developers with C++, vxworks and OO design and
development experience. Please email resumes to (e-mail address removed)

Too bad we don't know who's employing you; that company might be
interested to know of your unscruplous recruiting techniques.

Thomas Matthews

4csjobs said:
Need embedded software developers with C++, vxworks and OO design and
development experience. Please email resumes to (e-mail address removed)

Another issue is that the processor and platform are usually
critical in an embedded system. For example, would you hire
someone with Intel 8-bit processor experience to program your
Motorolla 64-bit processor or would you prefer someone without
any processor experience?

The embedded system environment is also important. For example,
Medical and Military applications have stricter development
processes than vending machine applications. Some applications
require simple processing and other require deep understanding
of cryptography or advance mathematics.

The development tools may also be important. Does your future
candidate require the ability to use Oscilliscopes and Logic
Analyzers? Digital Volt Meters? Soldering Irons? Reading of
schematics?

What is the company? Some people may not want to take
a gamble with a start-up company. Some people may want the
stability of a large company that has been around for many
years.

What is the product? If I have experience writing programs
for fish tank heaters, you may not want me writing software
for {cardiac} pacemakers.

Is a security level required?

Personally, I would never send my resume to a simple
advertisement like the above. Too many loose strings
to waste my time on.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: