Warning instaling python-2.3.5 on FreeBSD 5.3

spanov

i've got problem installing python-2.3.5 from sources on FreeBSD 5.3

root@server# ./configure > conf_log
configure: WARNING: curses.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: curses.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: curses.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: curses.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: curses.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: curses.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ## --------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to the python lists. ##
configure: WARNING: ## --------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ncurses.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ncurses.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: ncurses.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: ncurses.h: section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: ncurses.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: ncurses.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING: ## --------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to the python lists. ##
configure: WARNING: ## --------------------------------- ##

Can anybody explain me what kind of problem do i have and how much
serious it could be?
Will be gratefull for any help. Sorry, english is not my native
language :)

Fredrik Lundh

[...]

your system contains slightly broken include files. see

http://www.python.org/sf/1244610

for a discussion and a workaround (for openbsd), and

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=84219

for a freebsd-specific fix.

</F>