Watching my Packet TCP and UDP

Dusan Micuch

Hi, What's best way for Watching my Packet TCP and UDP ? Socket ? Some
external DLL ? What I need to use for build programs like this?
I want measure data on specific or anyone port at Real Time.
Thanks

Bruno Alexandre

using ASP.NET?

you can't! due to security issues you do not have access to any client
device (printers, com port's, lan port's, etc)

you can do than only if using an ActiveX component to build a lan port
bridge between client lan port and your application.

still, you can perform this using Window forms under vb.net / C#

Dusan Micuch

I meaned under Window forms of course. I understand that Web aplication
haven't permision to client device as u wrote.yes I wanna something like
that with ActiveX, but now i know too few of that:)
I'm wrong better news for me is maybe .dotnet.Csharp
sorry

Bruno Alexandre

so... you are in the wrong forum :)

check:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.* <--- it has a lot

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

what you are looking for is called "packet sniffing". there is no support in
..net for this, as it requires hooking into the tcp stack, and need to be
written in C/C++. google for this you you will find many toolkits.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)