    we are getting a WAP push message to a push client registered to the
    push router on a WM5.0 PPC device [DOPOD900, JASJAR, KJAM], but message
    is in WBXML format. How can we convert the message on PPC to XML format?
    sachin, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Given that you are asking about functions to manipulate a
    not-yet-standard spec, on a particular platform, I think you're outside
    the scope of a general XML discussion. I'd recommend that you contact
    the folks who defined the WM5.0 PPC environment to find out what support
    they do or don't offer for WBXML.

    (I'm not unutterably opposed to the concept of a "binary XML"
    representation, but it is still not clear that such have a strong
    advantage when compared to standard text compression and improved parser
    technology. I'm considering the current efforts to be stopgaps and
    experiments while those answers are established. Your milage may vary.)

    Joe Kesselman, Sep 30, 2006