web cam program

sunny

iam trying to write a code for two people to talk and view the web
camera connected to their computers. i need help in how to write the
applet? do i need to put the ip address? is there a difference if the
two persons are on intranet or internet? please help me out with the
code for this? thank you

Randy Webb

sunny said:
iam trying to write a code for two people to talk and view the web
camera connected to their computers. i need help in how to write the
applet?

No, what you need is to discover the difference between java (applets)
and javascript. comp.lang.java is that way====================>

Randell D.

sunny said:
iam trying to write a code for two people to talk and view the web
camera connected to their computers. i need help in how to write the
applet? do i need to put the ip address? is there a difference if the
two persons are on intranet or internet? please help me out with the
code for this? thank you

I don't know if you are serious or a troll...

Javascript by itself won't do this for you... it has no method of
communicating to your camera and it has no method of directly
linking/communicating two or more clients...

Things like MSN Messenger aren't written overnight you know... well...
perhaps MSN Messenger is/was but most webcam like programs take time,
and are written in something like C++ or other compilable languages.

If you're interested in picking up a programming language, might I
suggest you start of with something simple that asks for your name or
age or whatever and then chews it up and spits it out as something else.
Trying for anything larger than this will only lead you to giving
up... Unless that is whereby you may not have wanted help writing it,
but instead someone else to write it for you...

randelld

Si Ballenger

iam trying to write a code for two people to talk and view the web
camera connected to their computers. i need help in how to write the
applet? do i need to put the ip address? is there a difference if the
two persons are on intranet or internet? please help me out with the
code for this? thank you

If you are mainly just interested in getting something that
works, check the below links on a simple webcam setup.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm

Lee

sunny said:
iam trying to write a code for two people to talk and view the web
camera connected to their computers. i need help in how to write the
applet? do i need to put the ip address? is there a difference if the
two persons are on intranet or internet? please help me out with the
code for this? thank you
Coincidentally, I'm trying to write a code for a three tier internet
gambling system. Do I need to put the name? Or what? Thanks.