    on this before I actually did the way I want and found out it was wrong. I
    am the only one working on the project and there wont be anyone else working
    on it either.

    Andy B., Apr 12, 2009

  2. I am as familiar with the web client software factory as I should be before
    commenting, but it soudns like foundation libraries are framework libraries.
    I generally divide into layers: UI, business and data. The models are stuck
    in data, even though they are really more business in many ways, as it
    creates a clean dependency tree. Data access is always in the data tier.
    Business is largely classes to deal with business rules, sans validation
    rules on models (if the model is independent, it is very portable). Models
    do not have behavior, other than validation checks, as that reduces
    testability.

    Data Access belongs in its own libraries. If not, you destroy some of the
    reusability of the library. But, I generally think of framework libraries as
    those that span multiple projects and your data access is normally
    application specific. It is not impossible, but rare, to find the exact data
    needs across all of the applications in an enterprise. This is mostly
    because it is rare to find a single database for an enterprise, I would
    imagine. ;-)

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Blog:

    | Think outside the box |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 13, 2009