web deployment problem (with VS2005)

Lloyd Dupont

Hi! I'm a newbie ;-)

I started to write an excessively simple ASP.NET "utility" web app, named WebSite1.
Inside of it I'm using FreeTextBox (http://www.freetextbox.com)
Then I modified the Web.config file as follow (to recognize the tag FTB):
===
<system.web>
<pages>
<controls>
<add tagPrefix="FTB" namespace="FreeTextBoxControls" assembly="FreeTextBox"/>
</controls>
</pages>
===

Now I want to deploy this utility web site as a DLL to be reused in other project (well trying at least).
So I installed this tool from Microsoft:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/reference/infrastructure/wdp/default.aspx

And made a web deployment project.
There is even a box named "web.config" replacement section: cool!

Now the problem is: this box doesn't work at all and screwed up my project!
On one hand, if it were to work, it will be real cool.
On the other hand, whatever I do, it always make my project compilation fail with error such as:
======
Error 1 web.config(1): error WDP00002: missing section system.web. 1 1 WebSite1_deploy
======
I tried to change section name, change the content of my file, etc....

Beside I wonder, why the error message is about "web.config(1)" while my section is as follow:
=====
system.web=page.config;
=====
I mean I am using "page.config" not "web.config(1)"...

Any tips?