Web Deployment Project - .net version

gerry

I am using a Web Deployment Project to create a web app installation
package.
Everything work peachy with one exception - the installed site is always
configured to use .net 1.1 instead of .net 2.0
I am assuming that the site is actually just defaulting to the default
version

Anyone know how to force the installation package to configure the site to
be version 2.0 ?

Gerry

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gerry,

Welcome again.

As for the IIS version setting for the ASP.NET application, it is actually
controled by the IIS metabase setting(the application extension mapping
configured for each virtual directory or the root IIS site). And normally
virtual directory will inherit the setting from IIS site's root. To
configure this, if you've installed .net framework 2.0, in IIS config
manager(inetmgr), we can use the "ASPNET" tab in the virtual directory's
property dialog to configure it. And for programmatic configuration, you
can use the "aspnet_regiis.exe" tool to swtich the version for a certain
IIS virtual directory(by specifying the metabase path):

#How to: Configure ASP.NET Applications for an ASP.NET Version
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library(d=robot)/1kdfe21k.aspx

#ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h.aspx

Therefore, if you want to add the version configuring function in the web
application's setup package, we can use a batch or script file or create
process to execute the aspnet_regiis.exe tool( of the certain .net version).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gerry,

Does the information in my last reply helps you a little or have you got
any progress on your project? If there's anything else we can help, please
feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

gerry

Hi Steven,
Thanks for the reply

As jacky stated, this can be set via script assuming that you know which
site you are dealing with.
As far as i am concerned, the entire website setup is controlled by the iis
metabase , so why we have to explicitely set the site as a 2.0 site for a
site that the setup project knows in advance is a 2.0 site seems like a
'simple' oversight - albeit one that has now been there through 2 major
releases.

Gerry