web Hosting

lisztnet

Hi,

i have a question :

According to your experience, which are the best free web hosting
sites, -for a simple web page ? and what's the issue if the service is
closing and you lost all your google rank ? this is really worrying
me....

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

i have a question :

According to your experience, which are the best free web hosting
sites, -for a simple web page ? and what's the issue if the service is
closing and you lost all your google rank ? this is really worrying
me....

If your page is that important to you, then why trust it to free
hosting? Take out some proper hosting!

Chaddy2222

Hi,

i have a question :

According to your experience, which are the best free web hosting
sites, -for a simple web page ? and what's the issue if the service is
closing and you lost all your google rank ? this is really worrying
me....

Thanks,
I don't do free hosting any more.
If your sirious about having your site hosted then you should pay. You
will get more features and if anything else you will get proper tech
support if stuff goes wrong. Instead of posting your question on some
stupid forum that the techies hardly read anyway.
BTW I have nothing against forums.
http://www.servergrade.com.au is who I know use and I have been
pleased with them.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:26:33 GMT
Chaddy2222 scribed:
BTW I have nothing against forums.

Well, threeums are more traditional.

Chaddy2222

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:26:33 GMT
Chaddy2222 scribed:

Well, threeums are more traditional.
Yeah, but I used to spend all day on forums.

a-ok-site

On Dec 12, 10:07 pm, (e-mail address removed) wrote:> Hi,

I don't do free hosting any more.
If your sirious about having your site hosted then you should pay. You
will get more features and if anything else you will get proper tech
support if stuff goes wrong. Instead of posting your question on some
stupid forum that the techies hardly read anyway.
BTW I have nothing against forums.http://www.servergrade.com.auis who I know use and I have been
pleased with them.

Chad (aka stupid),
Instead of posting your question on some
stupid forum that the techies hardly read anyway.

By the way stupid why are you reading or posting besides posting spam
for you stupid site. LMAO@stupid(chad)

Daniel

David Segall

Hi,

i have a question :

According to your experience, which are the best free web hosting
sites, -for a simple web page ? and what's the issue if the service is
closing and you lost all your google rank ? this is really worrying
me....
Most ISPs give you a free web site that is plenty for few web pages.
If you redirect your domain name using a free domain name manager like
ZoneEdit <http://www.zoneedit.com> you can change the location of your
web site if you change your ISP.

I have posted some notes on this technique for cheap web hosting at
<http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_cheapweb.html>.

Chaddy2222

David said:
Most ISPs give you a free web site that is plenty for few web pages.
If you redirect your domain name using a free domain name manager like
ZoneEdit <http://www.zoneedit.com> you can change the location of your
web site if you change your ISP.

I have posted some notes on this technique for cheap web hosting at
<http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_cheapweb.html>.
That's a good idea.
But if the OP wants a few more features then check out: http://www.awardspace.com
who I have also used recently. But I was begining not to like the
restrictions, especially since my previous host did not have such
restrictions.

David Segall

Chaddy2222 said:
That's a good idea.
But if the OP wants a few more features then check out: http://www.awardspace.com
who I have also used recently. But I was begining not to like the
restrictions, especially since my previous host did not have such
restrictions.
I actually host my web sites on my office computer and use my router
to update ZoneEdit if my ISP changes my IP address. This provides
unlimited disk space and an unlimited choice of host based servers and
applications. I pay ZoneEdit ten dollars a year to monitor my web site
and, if it is unreachable, to redirect the request to my ISP provided
web site. That site serves the most important main site pages and
returns an apologetic page for requests it cannot honour.

I use Montastic <http://www.montastic.com/> to monitor the web sites
and both sites are sometimes unavailable. If someone needs a
guaranteed uptime or bandwidth then my method of free hosting is not
an option.

Chris F.A. Johnson

According to your experience, which are the best free web hosting
sites, -for a simple web page ? and what's the issue if the service is
closing and you lost all your google rank ? this is really worrying
me....

Almost free ($5.00 by PayPal; $1.00 by snail mail; more space,
bandwidth, etc. with one-time payment of $35.00):
<http://sdf.lonestar.org>.

lisztnet

Most ISPs give you a free web site that is plenty for few web pages.
If you redirect your domain name using a free domain name manager like
ZoneEdit <http://www.zoneedit.com> you can change the location of your
web site if you change your ISP.

I have posted some notes on this technique for cheap web hosting at
<http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_cheapweb.html>.

Ok thank you very much, also for monastic which seems nice, -i may use
it, or make it use by the person for which i'm working ! i will tried
to create a page on her ISP service... if available.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:32:28
GMT Chaddy2222 scribed:
Yeah, but I used to spend all day on forums.

....And I used to spend all night in threeums. 'Cept for when Johnny Carson
was on, natch.

Chaddy2222

Bone said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:32:28
GMT Chaddy2222 scribed:

...And I used to spend all night in threeums. 'Cept for when Johnny Carson
was on, natch.
Umm I was talking about web forum.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:27:41
GMT Chaddy2222 scribed:
Umm I was talking about web forum.

Oh. Well both are good, so here's to-um. <g>