Web page - > Perl script invocation error ( using IBM WebSphere )

Faisal

Folks
We get the following error ( in the webserver error log s) when
trying to invoke a perl script from the webpage ( using IBM HTTP
server ):
'http://system.mt.att.com:5000/cgi-bin/login.pl'

Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
for module DBD::Oracle: ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal:
libwtc9.so: open failed: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
at PM/Query.pm line 6
Compilation failed in require at PM/Query.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at PM/Query.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/IBMHTTPD/cgi-bin/login.pl line
10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/IBMHTTPD/cgi-bin/login.pl
line 10.

Note: a perl -c from the command line ( for login.pl) gives an 'o.k
for the syntax.

Now as far as the files go, the 'libwtc9.so' amd 'Oracle.so' lib
files are present in the LIBRARY PATH - Also, I tried reinstalling
the DBI and DBD oracle modules as was suggested in some of the web
postings - however that didnt' work either. Any specific ideas ?
am wondeirng if it has to do with some IBM HTTP server specific
setting ?
The server the script resides on runs Solaris 8 appreciate any help
:)

Sherm Pendley

Faisal said:
Now as far as the files go, the 'libwtc9.so' amd 'Oracle.so' lib
files are present in the LIBRARY PATH

Assuming scripts that use this module work at a shell prompt but not when
called via CGI - did you add to the library path with an environment
variable like LD_LIBRARY_PATH or similar? If so, does the server have the
same path in its environment as you do in your login environment?

Try running a simple test CGI that just prints all the key/value pairs in
%ENV, to verify the server's environment.

sherm--