Web presentation layer/framework for python - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Anthony.Hornby@cdu.edu.au, Oct 27, 2005.

    I am a python newbie and need some advice.
    I have been charged with redeveloping a web application with a front end written in python that has a backend of XML files.
    Currently it doesn't adequately separate out the presentation code from the content code.
    Frankly it’s a mess (think bowl of spagetti).

    Does anyone have any recommendations for python toolkits or templating systems that would simplify the cleanup and make the code more maintainable in the future? I am a newbie, but not afraid to have a go. I also haven't done any real application programming for a while - bit of perl and java stuff a few years back. Just do perl/python/shell scripting these days.

    All comments welcome :)

    Regards Anthony.

    Mr Anthony Hornby
    Library Systems and Technology Coordinator
    Charles Darwin University (CRICOS 300K)
    Phone: +61 8 8946 6011
    Email: -spam
    (remove the .no-spam)

    , Oct 27, 2005

    wrote:
    > I have been charged with redeveloping a web application with a front end
    > written in python that has a backend of XML files.

    > Does anyone have any recommendations for python toolkits or templating systems
    > that would simplify the cleanup and make the code more maintainable in the future?

    If your backend data is in XML, you should consider using XSLT.

    I frequently use Clearsilver for Python projects.
    http://www.clearsilver.net/

    , Nov 1, 2005