Web presentation layer/framework for python - recommendations?

Anthony.Hornby

Hi,
I am a python newbie and need some advice.
I have been charged with redeveloping a web application with a front end written in python that has a backend of XML files.
Currently it doesn't adequately separate out the presentation code from the content code.
Frankly it’s a mess (think bowl of spagetti).

Does anyone have any recommendations for python toolkits or templating systems that would simplify the cleanup and make the code more maintainable in the future? I am a newbie, but not afraid to have a go. I also haven't done any real application programming for a while - bit of perl and java stuff a few years back. Just do perl/python/shell scripting these days.

All comments welcome :)

Regards Anthony.

Mr Anthony Hornby
Library Systems and Technology Coordinator
Charles Darwin University (CRICOS 300K)
Phone: +61 8 8946 6011
Email: (e-mail address removed)-spam
(remove the .no-spam)

davidj

I have been charged with redeveloping a web application with a front end
written in python that has a backend of XML files.
Does anyone have any recommendations for python toolkits or templating systems
that would simplify the cleanup and make the code more maintainable in the future?

If your backend data is in XML, you should consider using XSLT.

I frequently use Clearsilver for Python projects.
http://www.clearsilver.net/