Web Service (Compression and Encryption of BLOB )

Fred Herring

I need to send a compressed/encrypted byte array via a web service function
to my clients. I use Windows Server 2003 and VB.Net 2003. Can someone point
me at the easiest way to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Fred Herring

Simon Green

Hi Fred

We have a module that will apply compression on the server to the
ASP.NET output and a helper-class that you can use with your web-service
client to decompress it at the other end.

See:
http://www.intesoft.net/aspaccelerator/help/webserviceclient.html

There is also an open-source compression module available
(http://www.blowery.org/code/HttpCompressionModule.html) which the
helper-class should work with as well.

Hope this is the sort of thing you were after :)

- Simon Green
InteSoft.NET
http://www.intesoft.net

ASPAccelerator.NET - speed up your website and save bandwidth.
ASPRedirector.NET - put a friendly face on your website.