    Server Driver]Timeout expired"}
    Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
    HelpLink: null
    InnerException: null
    Message: "ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout
    expired"
    Source: ""
    StackTrace: " at
    System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode
    retcode)\r\n at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection
    connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle
    environmentHandle)\r\n at
    System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions
    options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection
    owningObject)\r\n at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)\r\n at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection
    owningConnection)\r\n at
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)\r\n at
    System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()\r\n at
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[]
    datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand
    command
    , CommandBehavior behavior)\r\n at
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord,
    Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior
    behavior)\r\n at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet,
    String srcTable)\r\n at pda.data.DataHandler.executeSPDataSet(String
    storedProcedure) in c:\\pdasystem\\App_Code\\data\\DataHandler.cs:line 469"
    TargetSite: {System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo}

    Do I need to setup users in Sql Server?

    , Nov 3, 2006

  2. Hello mickweb,

    From your description, you'll get some "ERROR [HYT00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL
    Server Driver]Timeout expired" error when try acccesing a remote SQL SErver
    database in an ASP.NET webservice, correct?

    Based on my experience, this is likely a data accessing issue in ASP.NET
    environment. If the webservice can work well when you directly access it
    locally through the asmx page, what I can think so far is the security
    context issue. However, since you've said that you're using anonymous
    access.

    I suggest you still try the following things to see wehther it is a
    security context specific issue:

    1. if the SQL Server can use SQL authentication (with sql login id) , try
    using SQL login in the ODBC datasource to see whether it works.

    2. Try changing your ASP.NET webservice's security context(you can change
    the application pool's identity or try impersonating through a fixed user
    in the web.config file) to see whether it works.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.