    the web service? Does IIS support a mechanism to status
    the web server/service from client software?

    Any help would be great!
    Brian, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Brian

    Jan Tielens Guest

    You could use the Enterprise Instrumentation Framework:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/enterprise/eif/

    The Microsoft Enterprise Instrumentation framework (EIF) enables
    applications built on the .NET Framework to be instrumented for
    manageability in a production environment. This framework provides an
    extensible event schema and unified API which leverages existing eventing,
    logging and tracing mechanisms built into Windows, including WMI, the
    Windows Event Log, and Windows Event Tracing. An application instrumented
    with this framework can publish a broad spectrum of information such as
    errors, warnings, audits, diagnostic events, and business-specific events.
    In addition, Enterprise Instrumentation enables tracing by business-process
    or application service, and can provide statistics such as average execution
    time for a given process or service.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens