health monitoring

russell.lane

This is a health monitoring for web applications / web services question.

I'm trying to set up health monitoring for web services and a web
application. To start very simply, I want to turn on event logging for web
requests. To do this I added the following markup to the <system.web>
section of the web.config file in the service and application directories:

<healthMonitoring enabled="true" heartbeatInterval="0">
<rules>
<add name="Log Web Requests" provider="EventLogProvider" eventName="Request
Processing Events" minInstances="1" maxLimit="Infinite" custom="" />
</rules>
</healthMonitoring>

The provider and event names shown are from the web.config found in the .Net
2.0 distribution
(\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config\web.config).

..Net 2.0 is installed, everything was built with VS '05, I'm accessing
everything through IE 6.0.

I'm not seeing any events show up in the log. What am I missing?

Thanks -

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Russell,

Thank you for posting.
Regarding on this issue, I've also seen your another duplicated one in the
following newsgroup:

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices

Other community member and I have posted our suggestion there. So if you
feel it convenient that we continue to discuss in that thread, please feel
free to post there.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support