    do you put the web servers behind the primary firewall and the database
    servers behind another one with port 1433 open to the web servers?

    Thanks.

    Web Service Guy, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Web Service Guy

    WishMaster Guest

    On Feb 2, 5:10 pm, Web Service Guy <Web Service
    > wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend an article that describes the ideal network architecture
    > (from a security perspective) for public-facing web services? For example,
    > do you put the web servers behind the primary firewall and the database
    > servers behind another one with port 1433 open to the web servers?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi,

    Yes, secure WebService deployment is just like secure websites. I mean
    WS server should be on DMZ.
    Find more information here... http://www.webservicesarchitect.com/
    content/articles/hankison02.asp

    BUT WS are diffrent than websites as for as interaction and processing
    concern. You call the web methods on WS and WS will execute some
    business rules and repond. So, make sure other security is being taken
    care i.e. Integrated Security or Certificate etc.

    Cheers,
    Amer
    MCSD.Net
    ITIL Certified.