web services tutorial/software for experienced programmer?

Digital Puer

Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
started using web services?

What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?

Thanks for any help.

Andreas Nauerz

Hey there,

try to start with the Java WebServices Developer pack:

http://java.sun.com/webservices/index.jsp

There is a whole bunch of information available on SUN's product page for
WebServices, including online chats and a forum.

Try to step through the tutorial SUN offers:

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/

Both together should help you getting familiar with the world of
WebServices...

Have fun and ask back if you need further assistance ;-)

Regards,

Andreas

Dave Monroe

Digital Puer said:
Hi, I'm an experience Java programmer and want to get my feet wet
with web services. I have several years of experience with RMI
and XML already, so I was wondering what's the best way to get
started using web services?

What are the minimum server-side and client-side libraries I need?

Thanks for any help.

Go straight to the source.

http://www.ws-i.org