Web Services

M B HONG 20

Hi all-

I am developing a web application that will need to poll the server
from the browser for some information (specifically, when a refresh is
needed). I have already accomplished this with Web Services, but it
does not work for Netscape 7.0. Does anyone know how to make Web
Services work for Netscape 7.0 or know of any better alternatives? Any
help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Chris Smith

M B HONG 20 said:
I am developing a web application that will need to poll the server
from the browser for some information (specifically, when a refresh is
needed). I have already accomplished this with Web Services, but it
does not work for Netscape 7.0. Does anyone know how to make Web
Services work for Netscape 7.0 or know of any better alternatives? Any
help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

What are using as a SOAP client? Something in JavaScript? It's
possible that your SOAP client assumes IE-specific features, especially
since it will certainly use the non-standard XMLHttpRequest constructor,
which is a virtual landmine of portability.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a generic cross-browser SOAP client
available for JavaScript. You might ask in comp.lang.javascript where
the question is more appropriate. Alternatively, you'll need to fall
back to using XMLHttpRequest directly by yourself, and test across major
browsers in hopes of removing compatibility problems.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation