    does not work for Netscape 7.0. Does anyone know how to make Web
    Services work for Netscape 7.0 or know of any better alternatives? Any
    help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
    M B HONG 20, Jun 20, 2005

  2. M B HONG 20

    Chris Smith Guest

    M B HONG 20 <> wrote:
    > I am developing a web application that will need to poll the server
    > from the browser for some information (specifically, when a refresh is
    > needed). I have already accomplished this with Web Services, but it
    > does not work for Netscape 7.0. Does anyone know how to make Web
    > Services work for Netscape 7.0 or know of any better alternatives? Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

    What are using as a SOAP client? Something in JavaScript? It's
    possible that your SOAP client assumes IE-specific features, especially
    since it will certainly use the non-standard XMLHttpRequest constructor,
    which is a virtual landmine of portability.

    Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a generic cross-browser SOAP client
    available for JavaScript. You might ask in comp.lang.javascript where
    the question is more appropriate. Alternatively, you'll need to fall
    back to using XMLHttpRequest directly by yourself, and test across major
    browsers in hopes of removing compatibility problems.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Jun 21, 2005