Web Site Deployment

Stuart Ferguson

I am currently in the process of learning ASP.Net using Visual Studio
2005 and have the following question regarding deployment to IIS.

If i use the Publish Web Site menu option within the IDE the aspx files
are copied up to my specified location which is fair enough however
there are a number of files copied to my bin folder on the IIS Folder
(e.g. App_Web_main.aspx.cdcab7d2.dll).

The question is what are these files for and are they needed for a live
deployment ?

Stuart

S. Justin Gengo

Stuart,

The .dll files in the bin directory are essential. Those files are the
compiled code (all your code-behind pages) that contain your business logic.
They are built from the .vb files. It's the .vb files that aren't necessary
to your production website.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP