Web Site to HTTPS

IfThenElse

Hello,

Is there a set up in IIS 6.0 on W2K3 that can automatically switch my users
from http to https.

I know there are scripts that can be added to do that.

But is there a universal setup in IIS to do so. if not will a future IIS
provide that func.

Thank you,

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

Not sure this is possible, these are two different sites. Why would you need
that? The typical approach is to redirect or transfer to the *other site
based on some condition (like checking out)

IfThenElse

Can I do the Redirect via a setup in IIS GUI, without writing any redirect
scripts?

Mark Rae [MVP]

Is there a set up in IIS 6.0 on W2K3 that can automatically switch my
users from http to https.

I know there are scripts that can be added to do that.

But is there a universal setup in IIS to do so. if not will a future IIS
provide that func.

Not sure what you're actually asking for, but it sounds like this will do
the trick:
http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WebPageSecurity_v2.asp?select=1095511&df=100&forumid=53615&exp=0

I never use anything else for sites which are part-HTTP and part-HTTPS - it
really is a "set it and forget it" solution...

Juan T. Llibre

Using URLrewrite ( look that up at MSDN ) is one way of solving the problem.

You can also solve it with this code :

If Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")=80 Then
Dim strSecureURL
strSecureURL = "https://"
strSecureURL = strSecureURL & Request.Url.Host
strSecureURL = strSecureURL & Request.RawUrl.ToString
Response.Redirect(strSecureURL)
End If

IfThenElse

Mark,

Interesting, what do you mean by "set the entire set to HTTPS"??

Thank you,

Mark Rae [MVP]

Interesting, what do you mean by "set the entire set to HTTPS"??

Download the utility, read the instructions, and set the entire site to
HTTPS - it's in web.config...

IfThenElse

Mark,

Okay did not know you are referring to the link you gave me.
I thought it is part of the framework.

for what I need I will use a script for know.

Never got a straight answer about the IIS GUI.

Thanks again,