WebControls and Integrated Security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carlos Fersura, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Hello Folks,

    I am having a serious problem with the Internet Explorer's
    Treeview WebControl.

    I have developed a http handler to return the XML that the
    control needs to build the tree.

    When I am using "anonymous" autentication everything works
    just fine. However, when I try to use "integrated"
    security it gives an error because the it tries to use
    anonymous authentication first, but it never try to use
    integrated authentication as the log file below shows:

    Here, I have called the ashx manually. It receives a http
    401 error (it's normal) and then it gets a http 200.
    20:05:19 127.0.0.1 - GET /App/SIGA/geraxml.ashx 401
    20:05:26 127.0.0.1 DOMAIN\user GET /App/SIGA/geraxml.ashx

    Here it's what occurs when I run the application:
    20:06:10 127.0.0.1 - GET /App/SIGA/geraxml.ashx 401
    20:06:10 127.0.0.1 DOMAIN\user
    GET /App/SIGA/Principal.aspx 500

    It never tries with my DOMAIN\USER account...

    Thanks in advance for ANY HELP !

    Carlos Fersura

    Carlos Fersura, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Please Note that using a XML file results in the same
    error. The Treeview says it does not have any Nodes to
    load.

    Carlos Fersura, Nov 5, 2003