    get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations on my
    laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with this?

    Thanks.

    cory, Jan 10, 2004

  2. WebMatrix has a built-in web server that should function well for
    presentations.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jan 10, 2004

  3. cory

    cory Guest

    I wasnt sure if I had to use IIS or not. I have not been able to test out
    the Webmatrix server but I was thinking it should be fine.....thanks for
    confirming.

    Cory

    cory, Jan 10, 2004
  4. You can even install the web server without installing web matrix - its
    called Cassini and can be downloaded on its own

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    <shameless_author_plug>
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_author_plug>

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Jan 10, 2004
  5. cory

    Jos Guest

    cory wrote:
    >> "cory" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is
    >>> difficult to get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on
    >>> doing presentations on my laptop local to my hard drive. Will the
    >>> Webmatrix server be ok with this?

    The main restriction on the Webmatrix Cassini server is that it can only
    show pages from localhost.
    I guess that's ok for your presentation.

    --

    Jos

    Jos, Jan 11, 2004
  6. cory <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have Windows XP home edition. I have found out that it is difficult to
    > get IIS to work on this edition. I am planning on doing presentations on my
    > laptop local to my hard drive. Will the Webmatrix server be ok with this?

    > Thanks.

    What cen be done with webmatrix?

    --
    Hail to you champion.

    Anto Jasprica, Jan 11, 2004
  7. download it and find out - its free at www.asp.net

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Jan 11, 2004