    what is the right way to set it up?
    is webservice run as ASPNET user?

    Thanx
    the max, May 9, 2005

  2. "the max" <> wrote in
    news::
    > I need to setup WebService so it can read/write folder e.g. SharedFolder

    This is not a good idea in general.

    > When i setup sharing permissions & security for ASPNET user, it's not
    > enogh. When i setup for Everyone (local or domain) WebService works
    > fine.

    You havent given the ASP.NET user the right permissions then.

    > is webservice run as ASPNET user?

    By default yes, its run as IUSR_

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 9, 2005

  3. the max

    the max Guest

    I gave ASPNE user Full Control in both Sharing, and Security

    I'am accessing shared folder \\server\sharedFolder

    the max, May 10, 2005
  4. "the max" <> wrote in news::
    > I gave ASPNE user Full Control in both Sharing, and Security

    Ive given you proper steps to test. It doesnt matter what you HAVE done, as
    obviously its not working. Persisting with the same thing and expecting
    different results will not work.

    Try what I said.

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 10, 2005