    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream) +1130
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +216

    , Feb 13, 2004

  2. Jan Tielens Guest

    Are you connection from a web app?

    If you are connection from an ASPX (wep app) to your web service, then you
    are probably using the ASPNET account to connect to the web service. So you
    have to make sure that the ASPNET account also has acces to the client
    certificate!

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens
    ________________________________

    "Priyanka Shivaram" <> wrote in message
    > I have a webservice setup for which I want to use client certificates. I

    installed a Web-Server certificate on my web server. I then generated and
    > installed a client-certificate for my web browser.My web browser can now

    connect to the web service, and the web service recieves the client
    > certificate.
    >
    > Trying to consume a webservice through aspx page over SSL with Client

    Certificate and getting below error.

    > [WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden.]

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
    Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream) +1130
    > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String

    methodName, Object[] parameters) +216

    > Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
    > Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

    ASP.NET resources...
    Jan Tielens, Feb 13, 2004