System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recogn

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by runnin_bare, Nov 13, 2009.

  1. runnin_bare

    runnin_bare Guest

    I've developed a web service and web application that consumes that service.
    I recently needed to add another group of methods to that web service. So I
    created a second asmx file creating a second web service with those methods.
    Everything worked fine on my local server. So I created msi installer
    packages for the app and service and installed on my clients DEV system.
    Everything worked fine there. I then moved on to my clients QA system and
    suddenly I get the following error anytime my application attempts to
    communicate with my web service:

    [SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not
    recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
    http://wsp.client.com/processRules.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
    HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
    abortProcessing)]

    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    +431678
    methodName, Object[] parameters) +204
    LeadManager.RuleToolsWS.RuleTools.processRules(Int32 ruleID) +70
    LeadManager.RulesAdmin.btnRunNow_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +516
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    +110

    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

    To make things more confusing the same web service is consumed by a
    different application that runs on the same web server in the same app pool
    and it works fine.

    I'm completely stumped here. Any suggestions??
    runnin_bare, Nov 13, 2009