Unhandled exception: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Hazzard, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Hazzard

    Hazzard Guest

    I have the following code with errors on the lines as indicated by the ->
    and the explanation in the exception details below;

    ' FORM1.VB
    Private Sub LoadCustomersComplete(ByVal ar As IAsyncResult)
    Dim ds As DataSet
    Dim ws As New testDataAccess.Service1
    -> ds = ws.EndGetDataSet(ar) (line 124 as explained in the exception
    details below)

    which calls the first line in the following REFERENCE.VB file;

    Public Funtion EndGetDataSet(ByVal asyncResult As System.IAsyncResult) As
    System.Data.DataSet
    -> Dim results() As Object = Me.EndInvoke(asyncResult) (line 53 as
    explained below)

    and here are the exception details;
    ***************************
    Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error
    during async processing. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the
    value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
    http://tempuri.org/testDataAccess/Service1/GetDataSet.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
    HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
    abortProcessing)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClient
    Message message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCall)
    at
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult
    asyncResult)
    at AsyncApp.testDataAccess.Service1.EndGetDataSet(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CustomerWebService2\CustomerWebService\AsyncApp\Web
    References\testDataAccess\Reference.vb:line 53
    at AsyncApp.Form1.LoadCustomersComplete(IAsyncResult ar) in
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CustomerWebService2\CustomerWebService\AsyncApp\Form1.vb:
    line 124
    ***************************

    Any ideas?
    Thank you,
    -Greg
    Hazzard, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Firstly, please make sure the webservice is ok. If the service doesn't
    work, the client is certain to fail.

    Secondly, please check the namespace on the webservice side. Are you using
    the following?

    <WebService(Namespace := "http://www.contoso.com/")>

    If you have any Qs, please reply to this post.

    --
    Parker Zhang
    Microsoft Developer Support

    Parker Zhang [MSFT], Sep 12, 2003

  3. Hazzard

    Hazzard Guest

    Thank you Parker. The webservice is o.k. It returns a dataset; a diffgram. I
    believe it is a namespace-path discrepancy.
    -Greg

    "Parker Zhang [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Firstly, please make sure the webservice is ok. If the service doesn't
    > work, the client is certain to fail.
    >
    > Secondly, please check the namespace on the webservice side. Are you using
    > the following?
    >
    > <WebService(Namespace := "http://www.contoso.com/")>
    >
    > If you have any Qs, please reply to this post.
    >
    > --
    > Parker Zhang
    > Microsoft Developer Support

    rights.

    Hazzard, Sep 12, 2003
  4. Hazzard

    Hazzard Guest

    Got it. This is one of those cases where it was easier to start a new
    project, creating a new virtual directory, and start all over. I was trying
    to morph another application and I got its knickers in a twist...

    Hazzard, Sep 13, 2003