Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: .

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by jeff@cumpsty.co.uk, Feb 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I am having a problem with an external web service that I cant seem to
    solve.

    I am working on a system which authenticates data, such as confirming
    a persons identity. The system involves calling web services of
    various data providers and processing the response.

    One particular provider, exposes a web service which I call into and
    return a job identifier.

    Several seconds later the provider makes a web service call into a web
    service which I expose that returns the results to me.

    For my call into their web service, I was given a WSDL file. This
    call works fine.

    The problem is in them calling my web service. They only wanted a URL
    to my web service and provided me with an interface which was
    identified in their WSDL file.

    When they call into my web service they are getting a 500 error from
    my IIS. I have installed WSE 2.0 and implemeneted tracing.

    Here is the error message from the Soap message in my Output Trace
    file...

    <soap:Fault>
    <faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>
    <faultstring>Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
    SOAPAction: .</faultstring>
    <detail />
    </soap:Fault>

    Any ideas what is the problem?