WebService Vs Data Access Tier Architecture

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Dave Johnson, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Dave Johnson

    Dave Johnson Guest

    My ASP.net 1.1 online cinema reservation system is Developed in 3 Tiers:
    1-DataAccessTier "Data Repository Class"
    2-Business Tier "Set of Business Classes"
    3-Presentation Tier "set of WebUserControls & aspx pages"

    if i want to make a WebService that enables its users to interact with
    the system, In the search for the ultimate Architecture, Should the
    Design be:

    1- Connect the WebService to my DAL and my Data Repository class
    interact with the database through the Webservice?
    OR
    2- Remove the Data Repository Class and use the WebService as my way to
    connect to the database?

    OR

    there is any other Better Solutions from your Previous Experiences ?????

    Please if you have the Experience to make a good guidance in this
    particular problem try to suggest different approaches by stating the
    Advantages of this approach on the other as a proof that this is BETTER
    than the other. I am sure it’s a common problem as i am new to
    webservices and there is a Better approaches than what I thought about.

    “What is the BEST way to Do IT?”

    Thanks

    Sharing makes All the Difference

    --