webservices newbie question

Bob Bedford

I've a PHP running on Apache server on WinXP (developpement machine).
I've created a webservice using NuSoap (the hello example, in
http:\phpserver\webservices\V1\webservice.php) I've tried with a PHP client
on the same machine, and it works fine.
What I'm looking for, now, is to access this webservice from a IIS web
server (HTML/ASP) without using PHP.

How can I do it ???

Here is the PHP client code, maybe it may help:
<?php
// Pull in the NuSOAP code
require_once('webservices/V1/nusoap.php');
// Create the client instance
$client = new
soapclient('http://192.168.1.2/webservices/V1/webservice.php');
// Call the SOAP method
$result = $client->call('hello', array('name' => 'Master'));
// Display the result
print_r($result);
?>

Please help.

BoB

Jan Tielens

Just click Add Web Reference in VS.NET and browse to the wsdl file of your
PHP webservice. VS.NET will generate proxy classes for you, so you can your
web service!

Bob Bedford

Hi Jan,

thanks for your reply.
Just click Add Web Reference in VS.NET and browse to the wsdl file of your
PHP webservice. VS.NET will generate proxy classes for you, so you can your
web service!

The strange thing is that I don't have any wdsl file and don't know how to
create one. My php service is on a .PHP file, with PHP code. I'm not sure
I'm going the right way with my service.

Also, I need VS.net (Visual Studio Isn't it ???) and also install the .NET
framework ??? I've only WinXP with IIS5.1 (not Net installed). I'm not so
confortable with web servers...I'm programmer but I lack of informations on
how to set up a web server allowing to do webservices.

I've created a commercial web site and would like to allow people having
their commercial web site to "integrate" the articles they have inserted in
my site: My site sells used sport articles. When a user put his sport shoes
and his pants on my site, I want to allow him to have those articles on his
site, without need to manage his articles on his site (all is done on my
site, and he will "import" datas on his site. Then, clicking on an article
on the list, the details will be shown, always inside his site, not in mine.

Please help !!!!