WebSphere lib j2ee.jar and EJB 2.1

JavaDeveloper

Hi all!
I'm using WAS 5.1 and a bean TimedObject that use TimerService and other
classes of EJB 2.1.
I found that WAS has not these classes in its libs, so I can't deploy or/and
run my application.

Using Sun App Server 8, I found a "j2ee.jar" lib that is complete and has
Timer.class, TimerService.class, TimedObject.class and so on... but
replacing
this lib in shared lib directory of WebSphere (WebSphere/AppServer/lib/),
the
server cannot start.

Does anyone can tell me where and how I can find a lib .jar for adding Timer
functionalities on my App Server?
Why WAS 5.1 has not these classes by default, in its own libs? I can't
believe it!!

Thanks!

Hans

Frank Langelage

JavaDeveloper said:
[...]

As 6.0 is the current version number of WebSphere ApplicationServer
version 5.1 probably does not support EJB 2.1, only 2.0.
Upgrade to 6.0 to get this options.

Replacing app-server jar-files with newer onces or from other app-server
like you did can't work. The app-server must have the functionality
implemented.
Using this libs you only get the interface classes for development and
compilation.

JavaDeveloper

As 6.0 is the current version number of WebSphere ApplicationServer
version 5.1 probably does not support EJB 2.1, only 2.0.
Upgrade to 6.0 to get this options.

Are you sure for what you are saying? Where can I get more informations
about it?

Heiko W. Rupp

JavaDeveloper said:
Are you sure for what you are saying? Where can I get more informations
about it?

Afair is 5.1 the first J2EE 1.3 compliant version. So no EJB 2.1 in it.