Weird e-mail attachment

James Baker

I'm using ASP to generate an e-mail with attached files and send them out to
clients. Typically, when we send out e-mail through our mail server, there
is a disclaimer that is auto appended to the end of our e-mails. I don't
know how this is set up (not a network guy and a relatively new employee).
For some reason, this disclaimer is attached as a text file to any e-mails
that I send programmatically. Any idea what's causing this or how to solve
this problem?

Thanks,
James

Tim Slattery

James Baker said:
I'm using ASP to generate an e-mail with attached files and send them out to
clients. Typically, when we send out e-mail through our mail server, there
is a disclaimer that is auto appended to the end of our e-mails. I don't
know how this is set up (not a network guy and a relatively new employee).
For some reason, this disclaimer is attached as a text file to any e-mails
that I send programmatically. Any idea what's causing this or how to solve
this problem?

You probably can't avoid it, since your company's email server is
apparently attaching the disclaimer to everything that it sends. If it
can be avoided, you'll do it by talking to your network people, and
getting an exemption from them.

James Baker

Actually, I just figured it out about 2 minutes ago. I had set my mail
format to 1 as opposed to 0. I don't have any need for the different
formatting anymore, so I reverted it and it inserted the disclaimer as text
as opposed to an attachment. Not really sure why, but then again I guess I
don't really care =).

Thanks though,
James

Jeff Cochran

I'm using ASP to generate an e-mail with attached files and send them out to
clients. Typically, when we send out e-mail through our mail server, there
is a disclaimer that is auto appended to the end of our e-mails. I don't
know how this is set up (not a network guy and a relatively new employee).
For some reason, this disclaimer is attached as a text file to any e-mails
that I send programmatically. Any idea what's causing this or how to solve
this problem?

Sure. Get your mail server admin to adjust the disclaimers, it's not
an ASP issue.

Jeff

James Baker

That isn't/wasn't an option. There was a suitable ASP code adjustment that
solved the problem and caused the disclaimer to show up in plain text.
Problem solved...via ASP.