    this problem?

    Thanks,
    James

    James Baker, Jun 14, 2004

  2. James Baker

    Tim Slattery Guest

    "James Baker" <> wrote:

    >I'm using ASP to generate an e-mail with attached files and send them out to
    >clients. Typically, when we send out e-mail through our mail server, there
    >is a disclaimer that is auto appended to the end of our e-mails. I don't
    >know how this is set up (not a network guy and a relatively new employee).
    >For some reason, this disclaimer is attached as a text file to any e-mails
    >that I send programmatically. Any idea what's causing this or how to solve
    >this problem?

    You probably can't avoid it, since your company's email server is
    apparently attaching the disclaimer to everything that it sends. If it
    can be avoided, you'll do it by talking to your network people, and
    getting an exemption from them.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    MS MVP(DTS)

    Tim Slattery, Jun 14, 2004

  3. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    Actually, I just figured it out about 2 minutes ago. I had set my mail
    format to 1 as opposed to 0. I don't have any need for the different
    formatting anymore, so I reverted it and it inserted the disclaimer as text
    as opposed to an attachment. Not really sure why, but then again I guess I
    don't really care =).

    Thanks though,
    James

    James Baker, Jun 14, 2004
  4. James Baker

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:58:27 -0400, "James Baker"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm using ASP to generate an e-mail with attached files and send them out to
    >clients. Typically, when we send out e-mail through our mail server, there
    >is a disclaimer that is auto appended to the end of our e-mails. I don't
    >know how this is set up (not a network guy and a relatively new employee).
    >For some reason, this disclaimer is attached as a text file to any e-mails
    >that I send programmatically. Any idea what's causing this or how to solve
    >this problem?

    Sure. Get your mail server admin to adjust the disclaimers, it's not
    an ASP issue.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 14, 2004
  5. James Baker

    James Baker Guest

    That isn't/wasn't an option. There was a suitable ASP code adjustment that
    solved the problem and caused the disclaimer to show up in plain text.
    Problem solved...via ASP.

    James Baker, Jun 14, 2004